Government Pavilion Stage
Join us Monday through Wednesday each afternoon at the exhibit hall Government Pavilion Stage to hear government representatives discuss what they need from industry as well as how industry can find more business opportunities. This is a rare opportunity to interact with the personnel that are implementing the Community’s programs.
Past speakers have come from across the IC, DOD, and civil federal agencies.
Monday, June 5
- 1:30-2 p.m. NGA as a Community Agent for Capabilities and Services – Justin Poole, Director, Source, NGA; and Maryanne C. Sellman, GSA; Julie Saville, CIBORG
Community-wide initiatives will allow more access to capabilities and services pertinent to the GEOINT Community and geospatial users. NGA’s Commercial Initiative to Buy Operationally Responsive GEOINT (CIBORG) and the GEOINT Supplier Marketplace (GSM) are two examples of the topics that will be covered in this session.
- 2-2:30 p.m. Integrated Analysis – Terry Busch, Chief, Integrated Analysis and Methodologies Division, DIA
- 2:30-3 p.m. Understanding the Commercial GEOINT Activity (CGA) – Peter Muend, NRO Director of the Commercial GEOINT Activity; and Michael Foster, NGA Lead for the Commercial GEOINT Activity
The NRO and NGA co-leads for the Commercial GEOINT Activity (CGA) will provide attendees with an update on the organizations’ actvities since stand up in 2016, and it will offer a look into the future plans of the CGA.
- 3-3:30 p.m. IMINT to GEOINT – Jimmy Comfort, Director of IMINT, NRO
- 3:30-4 p.m. GEOINT and Business Startups – Dr. Anthony Vinci, Director of Plans and Programs, NGA; and Dennis Lower President & CEO, Cortex (invited)
Dr. Anthony Vinci, NGA Director of Plans and Programs, will lead a discussion about the intersection of his experiences as a technology entrepreneur and intelligence officer, and he will offer perspectives on innovative ways in which startup business in the GEOINT Community can build relationships with government. If you are looking for ways to work with the large government agencies, this discussion is a must see.
Tuesday, June 6
- 1:30-2 p.m. Analytic Modernization – Sue Kalweit, Director of Analysis, NGA
The GEOINT environment is more technical analytic, and ope to the public and industry. Demands for data and analysis are driving the increasing commoditization of GEOINT and brining in new data sources and technologies that NGA can leverage to expand capabilities. Come hear the Director of NGA Analysis discuss the future of NGA Analysis and strengthening partnerships across the GEOINT Community.
- 2-2:30 p.m. Army Geospatial Enterprise: System Testing, Certification, and Interoperability – Dr. Joseph F. Fontanella, Director of the U.S. Army Geospatial Center
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. A GIO Discussion
- 3:30-4 p.m. The Ground Enterprise – Darlene Minnick, GED, NRO (invited)
Wednesday, June 7
- 1-2 p.m. NGA Acquisition – Moderator: Sue Gordon, Karyn Hayes-Ryan (CAE), Nicole Pierce (OCS), Diana Hughes (Small Business), and Daniel Takane (I2A)
Sue Gordon, NGA Deputy Director Sue Gordon and experts from the agency will discuss NGA’s acquisition efforts to include the quality of NGA’s requests for proposals, the effectiveness of its industry interactions, how it manages the timeline for source selections, and how service providers prioritize each of these pieces in the acquisition process. The panelists will seek to improve processes and receive ideas for evolving with industry.